The average salary for a Network and System Administrator Manager is $101,200 in New York City. Salary estimates are provided by CompTIA.
Network and System Administrator Manager Program Objectives
Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls0.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
Network and System Administrator Manager Program Outline
Motherboards and Motherboard Components.
RAM. Random Access Memory, w/ troubleshooting
PC Expansion Cards.
Including 1.11: PC Connections and Connectors
Power & Power Supplies w/troubleshooting
The Right PC: Home Assignment with Exam.
Video and Sound
Completed with 1.7 above.
Install and configure common peripheral devices.
Printers: Install & Configure
Printers: Different Technologies
- Cables & Connectors
- Cable Characteristics.
- TCP/IP & UDP Ports
- WIFI Networking.
- SOHO Networking, Install and Configure.
- Connection Types
- Connection Devices.
- Networking Tools of the Trade.
- Laptop Hardware & Components
- Laptop Components
- Laptop Features.
- Other Mobile Devices: Tablets, Phones, etc.
- Accessories and Ports’
Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- This objective covered in 1.0 above
- This objective covered in 1.0 above
- This objective covered in 1.0 above
- This objective covered in 2.0 above
- This objective covered in 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 above.
- This objective covered in 1.0 above.
Windows Operating Systems
- Compare Operating Systems Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 8.1
- Operating System Installation
- Command Line Tools.
- OS Features and Tools.
- The Control Panel
- Install Networking on a Desktop.
- Preventative Maintenance and Tools
Other Operating Systems
- MAC OS and Linux
- The Cloud
- Network Hosts
- Mobile Operating Systems: Android, IOS, etc.
- Install and Configure Mobile OS systems.
- Mobile Data synchronization
- Common Threats and Vulnerabilities
- OS Security Settings.
- Deploy Security Best Practices per Workstation
- Securing the mobile device
- Data Disposal and Destruction
- Secure a SOHO wired and wireless network.
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures.
Local Area Networks
- Topologies and the OSI Model
- Key Features of Networks
- Network Topologies
- The OSI Model
- Physical Layer
- Data Link Layer
- Network Layer
- Transport Layer
- Upper Layers
- OSI Model Summary
- VM Orientation
- Transmission Media
- Media Access Control
- Broadcast Domains
- Ethernet Frames
- Ethernet Deployment Standards
- MAC Addressing
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Packet Sniffers
- Configuring Ethernet Networking
- Hubs, Bridges, and Switches
- Hubs and Bridges
- Switch Interface Configuration
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Infrastructure and Design
- Network Infrastructure Implementations
- Planning an Enterprise Campus Network
- Network Hierarchy and Distributed Switching
- Software Defined Networking
- Planning a SOHO Network
- TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Policies and Best Practices
- Procedures and Standards
- Safety Procedures
- Incident Response Policies
- Security and Data Policies
- Password Policy
- Employee Policies
- Internet Protocol
- IPv4 Address Structure
- Subnet Masks
- IP Routing Basics
- ipconfig / ifconfig
- ICMP and ping
- Configuring IPv4 Networking
- IPv4 Addressing
- IPv4 Addressing Schemes
- Classful Addressing
- Public versus Private Addressing
- Subnetting and Classless Addressing
- Planning an IPv4 Addressing Scheme
- Public Internet Addressing
- Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM)
- Configuring IPv4 Subnets
- IPv6 Addressing
- IPv6 Address Format
- IPv6 Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Address Autoconfiguration
- Migrating to IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Networking DHCP and APIPA
- IPv4 Address Autoconfiguration
- Configuring DHCP
- Configuring Address Autoconfiguration
- Routing Basics
- Routing Algorithms and Metrics
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Administrative Distance and Route Redistribution
- IPv4 and IPv6 Internet Routing
- High Availability Routing
- Installing and Configuring Routers
- Routing Troubleshooting Tools
- Configuring Routing TCP and UDP
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- TCP and UDP Ports
- Port Scanners
- Protocol Analyzers
- TCP and Port Scanning Name Resolution and IPAM
- Host Names and FQDNs
- Domain Name System
- Configuring DNS Servers
- Resource Records
- Name Resolution Tools
- IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Labs Configuring Name Resolution and IPAM Monitoring and Scanning
- Performance Monitoring
- Network Monitoring Utilities
- Logs and Event Management
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Analyzing Performance Metrics
- Patch Management
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Performance Testing and Monitoring Network Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Procedures
- Identifying the Problem
- Establishing a Probable Cause
- Establishing a Plan of Action
- Troubleshooting Hardware Failure Issues
- Troubleshooting Addressing Issues
- Troubleshooting DHCP Issues
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Services
Applications and Security
- Applications and Services
- TCP/IP Services
- HTTP and Web Servers
- SSL / TLS and HTTPS
- Email (SMTP / POP / IMAP)
- Voice Services (VoIP and VTC)
- Real-time Services Protocols
- Quality of Service
- Traffic Shaping Bottlenecks and Load Balancing
- Multilayer Switches
- Configuring Application Protocols
- Virtualization, SAN, and Cloud Services
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Types
- Fibre Channel and InfiniBand
- Cloud Computing
- Configuring Cloud Connectivity
- Network Security Design
- Security Basics
- Common Networking Attacks
- Network Segmentation and DMZ
- Virtual LANs (VLAN)
- VLAN Trunks
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Device and Service Hardening
- Honeypots and Penetration Tests Network Security Appliances
- Basic Firewalls
- Stateful Firewalls
- Deploying a Firewall
- Configuring a Firewall
- Deploying a Proxy
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Denial of Service
- Configuring a NAT Firewall
- Authentication and Endpoint Security
- Authentication and Access Controls
- Social Engineering
- Authentication Technologies
- PKI and Digital Certificates
- Local Authentication
- RADIUS and TACACS+
- Directory Services
- Endpoint Security
- Network Access Control
- Secure Appliance Administration
Operations and Infrastructure
- Network Site Management
- Network Cabling Solutions
- Distribution Frames
- Change and Configuration Management
- Network Documentation and Diagrams
- Labeling Physical Security Devices
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Network Link Management
- Power Management
- Backup Management
- Network Inventory Management Installing Cabled Networks
- Twisted Pair Cable (UTP / STP / ScTP)
- Twisted Pair Connectors
- Wiring Tools and Techniques
- Cable Testing Tools
- Troubleshooting Wired Connectivity
- Other Copper Cable Types
- Fiber Optic Cable and Connectors
- Transceivers and Media Converters Installing Wireless Networks
- Wireless Standards (IEEE 802.11)
- Wireless Network Topologies
- Wireless Site Design
- Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
- Wireless Security
- Wi-Fi Authentication
- Extensible Authentication Protocol
- Troubleshooting Wireless Security
- Wireless Controllers Installing WAN Links
- Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Telecommunications Networks
- Modern Telecommunications Networks
- Local Loop Services Installing WAN Links
- Wireless WAN Services
- Internet of Things Configuring Remote Access
- Remote Access Services (RAS)
- MPLS and PPP SIP Trunks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- SSL / TLS / DTLS VPNs
- IPsec Internet Key Exchange / ISAKMP
- Remote Access Servers
- Remote Administration Tools
- Managing Network Appliances
- Remote File Access
- Configuring Secure Access Channels
- Configuring a Virtual Private Network
Introduction to Ethical Hacking & Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Information Security Overview
- Information Security Threats and Attack Vectors
- Hacking Concepts
- Ethical Hacking Concepts
- Information Security Controls
- Penetration Testing Concepts
- Information Security Laws and Standards
- Footprinting Concepts
- Footprinting through Search Engines
- Footprinting through Web Services
- Footprinting through Social Networking Sites
- Website Footprinting
- Email Footprinting
- Competitive Intelligence
- Whois Footprinting
- DNS Footprinting
- Network Footprinting
- Footprinting through Social Engineering
- Footprinting Tools
- Footprinting Countermeasures
- Footprinting Penetration Testing
Scanning Networks & Enumeration
- Network Scanning Concepts
- Scanning Tools
- Scanning Techniques
- Scanning Beyond IDS and Firewall
- Banner Grabbing
- Draw Network Diagrams
- Scanning Pen Testing
- Enumeration Concepts
- NetBIOS Enumeration
- SNMP Enumeration
- LDAP Enumeration
- NTP Enumeration
- SMTP and DNS Enumeration
- Other Enumeration Techniques
- Enumeration Countermeasures
- Enumeration Pen Testing
Vulnerability Analysis & System Hacking
- Vulnerability Assessment Concepts
- Vulnerability Assessment Solutions
- Vulnerability Scoring Systems
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Vulnerability Assessment Reports
- System Hacking Concepts
- Cracking Passwords
- Escalating Privileges
- Executing Applications
- Hiding Files
- Covering Tracks
- Penetration Testing
Malware Threats & Sniffing
- Malware Concepts
- Trojan Concepts
- Virus and Worm Concepts
- Malware Analysis
- Anti-Malware Software
- Malware Penetration Testing
- Sniffing Concepts
- Sniffing Technique: MAC Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: DHCP Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: ARP Poisoning
- Sniffing Technique: Spoofing Attacks
- Sniffing Technique: DNS Poisoning
- Sniffing Tools
- Sniffing Detection Techniques
- Sniffing Pen Testing
Social Engineering & Denial-of-Service
- Social Engineering Concepts
- Social Engineering Techniques
- Insider Threats
- Impersonation on Social Networking Sites
- Identity Theft
- Social Engineering Pen Testing
- DoS/DDoS Concepts
- DoS/DDoS Attack Techniques
- DDoS Case Study
- DoS/DDoS Attack Tools
- DoS/DDoS Protection Tools
- DoS/DDoS Penetration Testing
CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001
CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1002
CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-007
CompTIA Security+ Certification SYO-501